Welcome to the Upper Murray Horseman's Association
John Vinge founded the Upper Murray Horseman’s Association Inc (UMHA) in 1972, a great horseman in his own right, and the first meeting was held at Granya, Victoria. The aim of UMHA has always been and still is:
‘Having Fun With Horses Since 1972’
UMHA was one of the original members of The Albury Wodonga Equestrian Centre and is now based in North East Victoria at the picturesque Tallangatta Show Grounds on the shores of Lake Hume. The association is affiliated with the Horse Show Association of Australia.
The Upper Murray Horseman’s Association is a family based association with a large member base, that offers enjoyment through horses at all levels of riding skill and through many varied activities for participants of all ages.
The association holds several events per month, with the main competition being run on the 3rd Sunday.
The association conducts:
Training Days and Clinics ~
Horsemanship Clinics ~
Team Yarding (Team Penning) ~
Two Handed Cutting
Novelty Competitions ~ Obstacle challenges ~ Trail Riding and Camp Overs
Social Get Togethers and more
The aims and objectives of the association are:
- To offer enjoyment and family participation in equestrian past times and competitive sports
- To promote the association within the community and equestrian arena
- To manage the Upper Murray Performance Horse Centre situated at Tallangatta VIC
- To ensure a duty of care to all members of the association
- To provide all its services in a way that is fair to everyone
- To ensure that all present and future members receive fair and equal treatment
- To give back to the community by way of donations and event fundraisers
- To acknowledge members that contribute toward the association
The Upper Murray Horseman’s Association is a community-based group and supports the Albury/Wodonga branch for the Riding for the Disabled by holding fundraising events for them throughout the year.